Dear Mission Partners,
Tonight, our evangelistic crusade began with more than 70,000 people in attendance! There is an electricity in the air. The whole city of Bujumbura is buzzing with anticipation. I’m sure this will be a historic week for the nation of Burundi.
Tonight, as always, I preached a simple and clear message of salvation to which tens of thousands responded enthusiastically. As we were praying for the sick, demons began to manifest all over the field. I had not preached about deliverance, or prayed for the demonized, but the “snake pit” (where our counselors cast the demons out) was filled. Afterwards, amazing miracles took place. Some of them are listed below:
- A young man who had been deaf for the last 23 years in his left ear was instantly healed.
- Another young man, dumb from birth, spoke for the first time tonight. His first word, in front of the huge crowd, was “Jesus!” I prophesied over him that he would become a preacher of the Gospel.
- Another remarkable testimony came from a mother who had brought her baby that was deaf and blind to the service. When I shouted, the baby was suddenly startled and began to cry. The baby began looking intently at everything. It was clear the he could hear and see.
What a wonderful meeting – and this is only the beginning. Please continue to pray:
- Pray for the Gospel to penetrate every heart.
- Pray for a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit with signs, wonders, and miracles.
- Also, in this crusade we are using a brand new sound system, which many of you helped us to purchase. Our team has their hands full working out all of the kinks. Please pray for the technicians and the equipment.
Thank you again for praying for us, and for the precious people of Bujumbura!
Yours in the Gospel,
Evangelist Daniel Kolenda
Together with Reinhard Bonnke, Peter van den Berg and the whole CfaN team
Pictures: O. Volyk