Is What You’re Living For Worth Christ Dying For?

Is What You’re Living For Worth Christ Dying For?

By Daniel Kolenda   /     Jan 20, 2013  /     Articles, Devotional, Teachings  /

An American soldier in the Vietnam War was about to step on an anti-personnel landmine that was hidden from his sight. His comrade across the battlefield, who could see the impending disaster from his vantage point, stood up from behind his protective barricade and shouted a life-saving warning to his friend. At that moment the brave young man received a gunshot wound that ended his life. A couple of years later, at an honorary memorial service in the United States, the soldier whose life had been saved from the landmine had a chance to meet the wife and son of his deceased friend. The son, who was only seven years old, had never gotten a chance to really know his father. The soldier could tell that this boy’s heart was broken, so he knelt down next to him and put his hand on the child’s shoulder. “I want you to know,” the soldier said, “your father saved my life.” The little boy looked up at him with tears streaming down his cheeks. “Sir,” he said, “were you worth it?”

Leonard Ravenhill once asked the question, “Is what you’re living for worth Christ dying for?” We were not saved so that we could be polished, decorative knickknacks sitting on God’s shelf filling space in heaven for eternity. We have been saved for a purpose, and the fulfillment of that purpose is the only acceptable reaction we can have to the great gift of salvation we have received. You have an obligation, a debt, a compulsion, and a liability to the One who laid down His life for you. You have been saved, not for salvation’s sake, but you have been saved to serve.

In light of these things what then should we do? Perhaps you feel a desire to respond by offering your life as a “rocket booster” to propel God’s kingdom forward, but you are not sure where to begin. When Saul, who later became the apostle Paul, met the Lord on the road to Damascus, this was his question, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” (Acts 9:6, nkjv). And this is where our journey begins, with a simple question. The question is not, “What do I want to do with my life?” but, “Lord, what do You want me to do with my life?”

Do you want to read more about discovering and fulfilling God’s will for your life? This excerpt was taken from my new book LIVE Before You Die.  It is an interactive book – containing QR Codes and links to videos that enrich the content.  It’s not just a book – it’s an experience.  You can order your copy by clicking HERE

Revival Fire Says: January 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Very great an anointed post very well put, keep up the anointed postings.

Mafolasire Abolaji Says: January 22, 2013 7:25 pm

May God help us all to live for Him and Him alone.

Bolaji Israel Says: January 22, 2013 4:30 pm

This is a very important question every believer should ask themselves. We all have a purpose to fulfill in God’s kingdom and there’s a need to inquire of the Lord in light of this truth. Lord show me what you will have me do!!!!

Henriata yashim Says: January 22, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you so much, highly inspired.

Daniel Says: January 22, 2013 2:47 am

If you haven’t found something worth dying for, you aren’t fit to be living.

James Larbi Says: January 22, 2013 12:22 am

I read this from “Live Before You Die” today! It’s an amazing book and I’m really grateful to you Daniel for giving me a free copy of the book for tweeting you my question during your tweetup.
    Thank you very much Daniel, for your time, inspiration and impartation at the just ended School of Evangelism in London too! God bless you, Daniel! I love you!

Victor O. Arowolo Says: January 21, 2013 10:06 am

Highly inspiring.

Christie Canlas Says: January 21, 2013 7:21 am

Jesus came to do the Father’s will. He thought we were worth dying for. We so often hear people use the words MY on a regular basis in the church today – my dreams, my destiny, my goals. Jesus said “Not my will but Yours”. Count the cost of denying yourself to embrace His cross. Whatever we do if it is not out of love for Him then it is futile and worthless. If we love Him we obey Him even if the cost is great.
    Thank you for all the encouraging words, God bless.

Eduardo Mena Says: January 21, 2013 4:13 am

thanks for the post and remain JESUS ​​announced

Ibukun Lawore Says: January 21, 2013 3:54 am

Inspiring….God bless you sir.

anchor Says: January 21, 2013 2:41 am