Discovering God’s Will For Your Life – Part 2

Discovering God’s Will For Your Life – Part 2

By Daniel Kolenda   /     Feb 05, 2010  /     Articles, Devotional, Teachings, Uncategorized  /

Today I continue my advice for those that are seeking God’s will for their lives yet they have not received a positive sense of direction.

In II Kings 3:11, Elisha is described as the one, “…Which poured water on the hands of Elijah”.

When we think of Elisha, we generally think of a great prophet, a mighty man of God, a giant of the faith.  It is easy to forget that Elisha started out as nothing more than a servant to Elijah; pouring water over Elijah’s hands and serving him in day-to-day banalities.  But his posture of servant hood put him in a position to receive a mantle.

When I started working with Evangelist Bonnke, it was not as a co-evangelist; it was as a personal assistant.  I had no ulterior motive other than to serve the man of God.  But it was in serving his vision that I first saw the massive crowds of people being saved, healed and filled with the Holy Spirit.  It was in seemingly mundane moments that I was catching a passion for evangelism, a hunger to see souls saved and a desire to preach the Gospel.  It was then that I saw my possibilities in God.  My posture as a servant positioned me to catch a mantle.

If you don’t know what God’s will is for your life, then I would challenge you to find someone else who you sense is doing God’s will, and begin to serve them and their vision as if it were your own.  As you sow into their calling, you will reap a calling of your own.  You will begin to discover that as you postured yourself as a servant, you were actually positioning yourself to catch a mantle; God’s calling for your life.

…… (Continued Tomorrow)

timothy van t kruys Says: February 11, 2010 1:53 pm

thank you kolenda for the inspiration. I will serve great man of God the God will use me mighty as an evangelist in Suriname,Zuid – amerika where harvest is ripe.

Daniel Kolenda Says: February 10, 2010 3:53 am

Amen Daniel R…see you in N.C. (come and introduce yourself please)

Daniel Kolenda Says: February 10, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks Richard. Bless you

Ijiwade James Says: February 8, 2010 4:32 pm

I’ve got no man of God to assist around me but just doing the preaching in my little way and believing God will lift me up someday.

Richard Says: February 8, 2010 4:29 pm

“My posture as a servant positioned me to catch a mantle.”….Awesome bro, luv that statement. Keep up the thoughts

Daniel Robbins Says: February 7, 2010 9:18 pm

Amen to that. Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and showed his servant heart. He also said to the disciples that the one to be the greatest among you should be the servant of all(Luke 22:21-30). What a great example. And he gave us all a command. Preach unto all the nations. The Great Commission. We serve a Wonderful, Loving, Great God indeed. See you guys soon, in North Carolina for breakfast. I cant wait…

Olga Says: February 7, 2010 3:47 pm

“Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward…” (Matthew 10:41)

I understand you, Daniel. Like you, I also caught a mantle.
    By the way, I was thrilled when I first heard that the Lord was preparing you for the ministry.
    May God bless you richly!

Rev. BD Houseworth Says: February 7, 2010 6:51 am

This is so true!

Ijiwade James Says: February 5, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks Evangelist Daniel.

I want to become an Evangelist, how do I know that this is God’s will for my life? I have the passion to bring souls to Christ and to preach.

Thanks